Saturday, September 8, 2012

Week of Sept. 10

Hello Comrades:

     Finally back to another full week. Short weeks usually reek havoc in the art room. We are mostly deadline types. Monday's are when we start. Friday's are when we finish. Shorts weeks mess with our creative system, but not with are sleep habits. Nonetheless, we have been working on drawing these past several weeks. Drawing is such a fundamental part of the art process. However, it doesn't have to be the yard stick by which we are all measured. To many times people come to me and say that they love art but can't even draw a stick person. My response is usually, yes you can. We all can draw. However, we all draw on very different levels. I, myself, never considered myself a drawer. I liked to paint & print-make. However, it truly wasn't until I realized that I use drawing for everything else that I saw that I was more than just a painter. I was a drawer too. Now, that goes without saying, I am certainly not a great drawer. I have had students, over the years, that are much better than I. Does that lessen me as an artist? Does that make me feel bad? Absolutely not, in both cases. I mentioned before my talent was more painting & print-making, but our real talent lies in our mind: Our Creative Minds.
     Over the next several weeks we will be working with the 'Creative Mind'. Our weekly assignments will be based on the over reaching field of our emotions. Each week will be dedicated to a particular emotion. With the exception of New Media, each studio class will be working on assignments to this cause.





RHS art students can ---->
1- 2D/3D: 'Happy'- students are to create an image that best represents what makes them the happiest or the most happy. This is to be created on white or gray paper. Can be colored.
BREAKFAST
2- New Media: Continue working on 'Horror' stop-motion. Begin work on creative music video. Details in lesson plans
3- PLANNING
4- 2D/3D: 'Happy'- students are to create an image that best represents what makes them the happiest or the most happy. This is to be created on white or gray paper. Can be colored.
5- Advanced Art: 'Happy'- students are to create an image that best represents what makes them the happiest or the most happy. This is to be created on white or gray paper. Can be colored.
6- AP Art Studio: 'Happy'- students are to create an image that best represents what makes them the happiest or the most happy. This is to be created on white or gray paper. Can be colored. The option of photography can be used as well. Digital camera's maybe checked out after sign out.
7- Art I: 'Happy'- students are to create an image that best represents what makes them the happiest or the most happy. This is to be created on white or gray paper. Can be colored.


As always,
Our Week Beats Your Year,
Mr. Jeremy Grizzle 

No comments:

Post a Comment